Dr Katya’s Mind-Body course ‘Finding your inner doctor’
Like many other people, I have entrusted the doctors with my health. Even after qualifying as a doctor myself, I did not question my doctors for prescribing increasingly potent medication for a fairly common condition. However, when my hospital specialist letter stated: “not responding to conventional treatment” and I was offered potent immunosuppressants, I knew I had to look for the answers elsewhere. I decided to look inwards. With the help of professionals, my family and friends, lifestyle and complementary medicine, I emerged on the other side. Having gone through my own inner healing journey, I could not treat my patients the same as before. So I researched and trained extensively to help people to explore their symptoms as an integral part of themselves. Mind-body approach looks at physical symptoms as being intricately related to the rest of our lives. My personal healing journey, further training and the experience of working one-to-one with my patients in this way inspired me to create this course and help you find your inner doctor.
Dates Mondays: 20th of April, 4th of May, 18th of May & the 1st of June.
Location Online via Zoom
Number of participants This is a small group course.
Price for the whole course (Four 1hr 30min sessions) - £100.
This course aims to:
- Explore ways of maintaining and maximising wellbeing
- Help you understand how psychological, emotional and social factors contribute to being well and developing illness
- Empower you to find ways of connecting to your intuition
- Learn and practice relaxation and visualisation techniques
- Explore the value of a robust support network in health and illness
Who is the course for?
This course is suitable for people who
- want to stay well
- have symptoms that are poorly understood or explained by the medical profession
- have chronic condition(s)
- who are ’stuck’ in their treatment despite their best efforts
- who are curious how the psychological, emotional and social aspects of their lives influence their health
Topics that will be covered during the course:
- Healing state - Stress response & How to switch on the relaxation response
- The history behind your condition - Connecting the past with the present
- Physiology of emotion - The importance of releasing suppressed emotions/trauma and ways of doing it safely
- Listening to your body and using your intuition - How to write your own diagnosis & prescription
- Support network in health and illness and how to build one
Structure of a typical session:
- Presentation and discussion of a particular topic (please see above)
- Guided grounding exercise (breathing/meditation/relaxation/visualisation)
- Solo exercises during the session
- Optional emotional homework and resources to explore
How to enroll?
- To enroll please telephone the reception 01962 856310, email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out an online enquiry form
- If you have further questions about the course, please send and email for attention for Dr Katya
- In some cases, I will ask you to arrange a short telephone consultation with me to check your suitability for the course
The small print
- Refunds of 50% will be granted if the course is cancelled 2 full weeks in advance
- No refunds will be available if you decide that the course is not for you after the course commences